DCL International Inc. – Protecting our planet with advanced technologies!
CHEMICAL PRODUCTION MANAGER
Who We Are
Located in Concord, Ontario, DCL International Inc. (www.dcl-inc.com), is a well-established and fast-growing family business and is currently hiring full time for a Chemical Production Manager. DCL International is a global leader in the research, design, engineering, manufacturing, and sales of advanced emission control technologies.
DCL’s product offering includes catalytic converters, catalytic mufflers, engineered silencers, diesel particulate filters, replacement catalyst elements, as well as heat recovery and siloxane cleanup solutions. Our vertically integrated approach to product development provides highly customized solutions, shorter lead times, and greater quality control, translating to outstanding performance, longer product life and lower cost of ownership for our customers.
Our technical sales professionals work closely with our engineering and manufacturing teams to develop the best emissions control solution for your needs. DCL sales professionals are strategically situated across North America and Europe to provide local emissions regulation expertise as well as expert product knowledge and sales support.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are a fast-paced, highly motivated team of individuals, looking for a Chemical Production Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Manager is responsible for managing the manufacturing and delivery of catalytic products at an optimum level with lowest cost and with the cooperation and support of other departments, including but not limited to: Sales, QA, Maintenance, Human Resources, Engineering and R&D.
- Ensure environmental standards are met and maintained.
- Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Providing necessary resources to support all DCL policies and practices.
- Supervises and oversees the activities of the shop with respect to production, cost and quality of product, raw material inventory management and delivery fulfillment.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to ensure the proper allocation of all resources to meet customer needs through: optimal forecasting, production planning, production scheduling and ordering of raw materials, etc.
- Coordinate with the maintenance department regarding the scheduling of plant shutdowns and supporting preventative maintenance programs.
- Support Operations Manager in ensuring that employee communication meetings are regularly conducted in order for all production workers to be kept informed of business activities, goals, objectives and current performance.
- Liaise with HR department for the purpose of implementation of appropriate policy on manpower planning, training and development and employee and labour relations, etc.
- Participate in the selection of equipment, plant layout, and material handling.
- Prepare and maintain various reports as required by Management.
- Perform such duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Budget & Cost control
- Prepare and monitor the plant budgets and operate within these parameters.
- Maintain a constant search for more economical operating methods.
- Supervise the utilization of personnel and control direct labour costs and expenditures.
- Utilize appropriate techniques for inventory control and batching of coating to optimize costs and efficiencies.
- Monitor and report variances from budgeted plans, if any.
- Bachelor’s degree (Chemistry or Chemical Engineering) or equivalent Chemistry or Chemical Engineering work experience (MUST HAVE)
- A working knowledge of MRP/ERP, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
- 5-10 years of previous management experience in a similar role is required, with preference given to experience in a manufacturing facility (metal fabrication, chemical processing, paints, food processing, cosmetics industry, pharmaceuticals, emission control, combustion).
- Operational knowledge of production methods (KPI’s, Kanban, 5S, Quality Tools, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow him/her to quickly step into new situations and develop the teamwork to solve problems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills that enable him/her to assess, quantify, and resolve operational issues and trends.
- Superior people skills that encourage the development of employees through regular performance reviews, feedback, holding self and others accountable, and provides appropriate & effective recognition.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and an energetic style; sets the example and creates an environment of high expectations.
- A confident hands-on individual who is comfortable being on the production floor.
- We are a proud Canadian company, and we care about our shared environment.
- We provide a safe and clean work environment.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits.
- We encourage professional development and offer reimbursements for professional fees and tuition.
- We recognize employees for their achievements through our Innovative Award program.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are dedicated in providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation and if you require accommodation, please advise the HR department and we will work with you to meet your needs.
No telephone calls or agencies please.